"On 1 May 2009 Dr. Rüdiger Grube was appointed CEO and Chairman of the Management Board of Deutsche Bahn AG and DB Mobility Logistics AG. Before joining Deutsche Bahn, Dr. Rüdiger Grube had been a member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG since 1 October 2001, where he was responsible for Corporate Development including Corporate Strategy, Mergers & Acquisitions, Industrial Participations, IT; from 1 October 2004, he also oversaw all of Daimler AG’s activities in North East Asia (including the growing Chinese market). In addition, he served Chairman of the Board of Directors of the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (EADS N.V.).
"Born in Hamburg on 2 August 1951, Rüdiger Grube completed his commercial and technical training in metal aircraft construction and went on to gain a degree in automotive engineering and aircraft construction from the University of Applied Sciences in Hamburg. He later studied vocational and business teaching at the University of Hamburg. He lectured production and engineering at the University of Hamburg from 1981 to 1986. Having gained his doctorate in the areas of industrial science and polytechnology at the Universities of Hamburg and Kassel in 1986, he went on to join Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm GmbH (later Daimler-Benz Aerospace or DASA in 1989.)" 
- Deputy member of the Board of Management, Corporate Development, DaimlerChrysler AG, 2001
- Senior Vice President for Corporate Development, 2000
- Senior Vice President and Head of Corporate Strategy DaimlerChrysler AG, 1998
- Senior Vice President and Head of Corporate Strategy at Daimler-Benz AG, 1996
- Director of Corporate Planning and Technology at Daimler-Benz Aerospace AG, Munich, 1995
- Head of Aviation staff unit at Daimler-Benz Aerospace AG, Munich (Airbus, military aircraft, Dornier Aviation, Eurocopter), 1994
- Head of the Munich-Ottobrunn site, Daimler-Benz Aerospace AG, Munich, 1992
- Head of management office, Deutsche Airbus GmbH, Hamburg, 1990
- Head of the Marketing, Sales and International Relations for the Energy and Industrial Technology Division, Messerschmitt-Bölkow-Blohm GmbH, Munich, 1989
Selection of Supervisory Board and Administrative Board positions previously held
- EADS, Chairman of the Board of Directors
- MTU Friedrichshafen GmbH (now Tognum AG), Chairman of the Supervisory Board
- Hyundai Motor Company, Seoul, South Korea, Member of the Administrative Board
- Mitsubishi Motors Corporaton, Tokyo, Japan, Member of the Administrative Board
- Daimler Financial Services AG, Member of the Supervisory Board"
Resources and articles
- deutschebahn Rudiger Grube, organizational web page, accessed October 7, 2012.