Schumann Center for Media and Democracy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Schumann Center for Media and Democracy (formerly known as the Florence and John Schumann Foundation)
In "2004, according to IRS filings, the Schumann Center sponsored a grant of $2 million to The Florence Fund "to support the TomPaine.com project and operating costs. Balance of $1.5 million was rescinded on May 18, 2004." TomPaine.com was founded in 1999 by John Moyers, Bill's son, and he left in 2003, before the 2004 Schumann grant. But the Florence and John Schumann Foundation, which was the Center's earlier name, also supported TomPaine.com with an earlier $2.5 million grant via The Florence Fund in 2001, according to IRS records." 
- Former President - Bill Mullins
- Robert F. Schumann, Chairman
- Bill D. Moyers, President
- Lynn C. Welhorsky, V.P. Administration
- W. Ford Schumann, V.P.
- David S. Bate, Secretary-Treasurer
- Michael J. Johnston
- Joan Konner
- Patricia A. McCarthy
- William McKibben
- Center for Public Integrity
- Free Press
- Independent Media Institute
- Society of Environmental Journalists
- Institute for Democratic Renewal
Resources and articles
- ↑ Journalistic Foundations, PBS, accessed October 20, 2009.
- ↑ Schumann Center for Media and Democracy, Undue influence, accessed July 7, 2007.