Schwartz Communications is a U.S. PR company specializing in technology and health care. It is based in Boston with offices in San Francisco and Stockholm, Sweden.
The company was founded in 1990 by husband and wife Steve and Paula Mae Schwartz.
- Media relations - "clients define results as a steady, consistent flow of outstanding, on-target, on-message media coverage", they promote a client's "story to all appropriate and agreed-upon print, broadcast and online media, from industry verticals to key trade press to major national business outlets"
- Industry analyst relations - they "pursue influencers and thought leaders at boutique firms, consultancies, newsletters and blogs" (to get a client's IT products purchased at companies)
- Speaker’s bureau
- Search marketing - they combine search engine optimization and pay per click advertising with public relations campaigns
- Crisis communications - they offer "a half-day crisis communications workshop on-site and media training for designated crisis spokespeople"
- Government relations (lobbying) - "Our track record proves that we deliver the results of a professional lobbying firm without the six- or seven-figure annual price tag"
- Podcasting - "a method of creating and distributing audio files over the Internet that allows people to hear information directly on their computers or download it to a mobile device such as an iPod", the firm "works with its clients using its search engine optimization experience and relationships with staff at the top podcasting sites to maximize a podcast's potential."
Income and employee totals
O'Dwyer's PR lists Schwartz Communications as earning $26,601,999 in net fees in 2006, up 22.6% on the previous year. It notes the firm has 172 employees. 
PR Week ranked Schwartz Communications as the number eight PR agency in the United States in 2008, with 2007 revenue of $29,247,482, an 11% increase from the previous year's total revenue of $26,376,509. The ranking also notes its staff total of 202 (2006 total: 191), with $144,790 in revenue per employee.
The top three executives are:
- Steve Schwartz, President and CEO
- Paula Mae Schwartz, Chief Operating Officer
- Lloyd Benson, Executive Vice President
- Genzyme Biosurgery
- Red Hat
- Sun Microsystems
230 Third Avenue
Waltham, MA 02451
Phone: (781) 684-0770
Fax: (781) 684-6500
Email: info-www AT schwartz-pr.com
- ↑ Services, Schwartz Communications, accessed June 2008.
- ↑ "2006 Worldwide Fees of independent Firms With Major U.S. Operations", accessed June 2007.
- ↑ "2008 Agency Rankings," PR Week, 28 April 2008.
- ↑ Management, Schwartz Communications, accessed June 2008.