Dr. Scilla Elworthy (formerly known as Scilla McLean) "founded Oxford Research Group in 1982, and was Executive Director until December 2003 and Chair of the Board until April 2007. It is for this work that she was awarded the Niwano Peace Prize in 2003 and nominated three times for the Nobel Peace Prize. She then founded Peace Direct, which grew out of ORG’s conflict prevention work, became an independent NGO with charitable status during 2004, and was named Best New Charity at the Charity Awards 2005. Scilla is a prolific writer, notably of studies on the role of women in international relations." 
"She has been a consultant to UNESCO as well as research director for Minority Rights Group, before she managed a self-help organization in Africa. She is the author of many books and reports on defense and security issues and a gifted public lecturer in Europe, the United States, Russia, China and Japan." 
- Director, Institute for Transformational Futures 
- Member, Global Leadership Network 
- Advisor, Ploughshares Fund
- International Associate, Transnational Foundation for Peace and Future Research
- Former Director, Suzanne Mubarak Women's International Peace Movement 
- Individual Funder, International Crisis Group 
- International Task Force on Preventive Diplomacy, East West Institute
- Council, World Future Council
- Executive Committee, Pathway International 
Resources and articles
- Anne Baring - coauthor
- Board, Patrons and Associates, Oxford Research Group, accessed October 7, 2007.
- International Task Force on Preventive Diplomacy, East West Institute, accessed February 26, 2008.
- Institute for Transformational Futures Board, organizational web page, accessed June 14, 2013.
- Global Leadership Network Members, organizational web page, accessed May 5, 2012.
- Scilla Elworthy joins board of the Suzanne Mubarak Women's International Peace Movement, Peace Direct, accessed February 25, 2008.
- Who Funds Crisis Group, International Crisis Group, accessed February 25, 2008.
- Pathway International About, organizational web page, accessed May 1, 2014.