Second Vermont Republic
Second Vermont Republic "is a nonviolent citizens' network and think tank opposed to the tyranny of Corporate America and the U.S. government, and committed to the return of Vermont to its status as an independent republic and more broadly to the dissolution of the Union." 
Accessed January 2009: 
- Frank Bryan – Professor of Political Science, University of Vermont, and author of Real Democracy.
- Emina Burak – Coordinator, University of Vermont Faculty and Staff Wellness and UVM adjunct faculty member.
- Clarence "Ku" Ching – Hawaiian independence movement political activist.
- Carolyn Chute – Award-winning Maine novelist, political activist, and author of the best-seller The Beans of Egypt, Maine.
- Dexter Clark – Gold miner, founding member and Vice Chair - Alaskan Independence Party.
- Lynette Clark – Gold miner, founding member and Chair, Alaskan Independence Party.
- Thomas J. DiLorenzo – Professor of Economics, Loyola College, and author of The Real Lincoln.
- Donald W. Livingston – Professor of Philosophy, Emory University, and author of several books on David Hume.
- Sharon McDonnell – Associate Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, and resident of Peacham, Vermont.
- Thomas H. Naylor – Professor Emeritus of Economics, Duke University, and a founder of the Second Vermont Republic.
- Kirkpatrick Sale – author of Human Scale and After Eden: The Evolution of Human Domination, and founder of the Middlebury Institute.
- Jason Sorens – Assistant Professor of Political Science, State University of New York at Buffalo, and founder of the New Hampshire Free State Project.