Sexuality Information and Education Council of the US
"SIECUS, the Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States, was founded in 1964 by Dr. Mary S. Calderone and a number of other brave pioneers.
"During her tenure as the Medical Director for the Planned Parenthood Federation, Dr. Calderone became concerned about the lack of accurate information about sexuality for both young people and adults.
"So, at the age of 60, with determination to live in a world in which sexuality was viewed as a natural and healthy part of life, she founded of SIECUS. She was joined by Wallace Fulton, Reverend William Genne, Lester Kirkendall, Dr. Harold Lief, and Clark Vincent. In the next couple of years, SIECUS’ first Board of Directors was established, our first foundation grant was received, and we published our first book designed for teacher training.
"In the decades that have followed, SIECUS has become a recognized leader in the field of sexuality and sexuality education, publishing numerous books, journals, and resources for professionals, parents, and the public. " 
Leadership & Staff
Accessed September 2010: 
- Joseph DiNorcia, Jr., MBA - President and CEO
- Jason I. Osher - Chief Operating Officer
- Monica Rodriguez - VP for Education and Training
- Jennifer Heitel Yakush - Director of Public Policy
- JoAnn M. Smith - Chair of the Board
New York Office Staff
- Maxwell Ciardullo, Information Coordinator
- Kurt Conklin, MPH, CHES, School Health Project Coordinator
- Valarie Morris, Office Manager
Washington, D.C. Office Staff
- Patrick Malone, Director of Communications
- Morgan Marshall, State Policy Associate
- Kelsey Van Nice, State Policy Associate