Shanxi Ruiguang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shanxi Ruiguang power station (国际能源瑞光热电公司热电联产一期) is a 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The photo below shows the plant in Yuci District, in Jinzhong Prefecture, Shanxi Province.
Background on Plant
Description of Expansion
Shanxi International Energy Group is currently planning to build two additional coal-fired units at this plant, with a total planned capacity of 1,200 MW.
However, with no developments since 2011, the expansion appears to be cancelled.
- Sponsor: Gemeng International
- Parent company: Shanxi International Electricity Group
- Location: Yuci District, Jinzhong Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 37.7845711, 112.719866 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1 & 2); Cancelled (Units 3 & 4)
- Gross capacity: 1,860 MW (Units 1 & 2: 330 MW; Units 3 & 4: 600 MW)
- Type: Subcritical (Units 1 & 2)
- Projected in service: 2011 (Unit 1); 2012 (Unit 2)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: