Shenhua Wanzhou power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Wanzhou power station is a 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Chongqing DC Municipality, China.
An additional 2,000 MW is proposed.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Wanzhou District, Chongqing Municipality.
Background on Project
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Shenhua Guohua Elec Power Corp
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Wanzhou District, Chongqing Municipality, China
- Coordinates: 30.677938, 108.398976 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1 & 2); Cancelled (Units 3 & 4)
- Gross capacity: 4,000 MW (Units 1-4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Projected in service: 2015 (Units 1 & 2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- 神华重庆万州煤电及储煤基地项目即将开工,", 经济观察网, 2012-07-19
- "中电工程总承包的重庆万州电厂新建工程1号机组通过168试运," mei.net.cn, 2015-02-13
- "中电工程总承包的重庆神华万州电厂新建工程2号机组圆满通过168试运"中电工程, 2015-09-21
- 上海电建签约重庆万州发电厂主体施工合同,",国电焊接信息网, 2013-02-22
- 神华集团落户万州投250亿建煤电项目,", 网易, 2012-07-17
- “神华神东电力重庆万州发电厂2×1000MW新建工程EPC总承包项目合同签字仪式在京举行,” 中国电力工程顾问集团, 2012-12-19
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017