Shenhua Zhundong Wucaiwan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shenhua Zhundong Wucaiwan-1 power station (神华神东电力新疆准东五彩湾发电公司一期) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
Zhundong Wuwaican-2 power station is a 1,320 MW coal plant under construction at the same location.
- 1 Location
- 2 Background on Zhundong Wucaiwan-1 Plant
- 3 Description of Zhundong Wuwaican-2 Expansion
- 4 Ownership
- 5 Project Details
- 6 Articles and resources
The photo below shows the plants near several large open-pit coal mines in Jimusa'er (Jimsar) County, the approximate location of the plant in Changji Hui Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.
Background on Zhundong Wucaiwan-1 Plant
Description of Zhundong Wuwaican-2 Expansion
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In 2016 China's National Energy Administration issued "scale control" (coal-fired capacity limits) on particular "sending out" locations that feed ultra-high voltage (UHV) long-distance power lines, including Inner Mongolia (Xilingong), Inner Mongolia (Ordos), Shaanxi, Ningxia, Shanxi, and Xinjiang.
As of January 2017, the affected area includes this power station, which may be scaled down as a result.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Shendong Power
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Wucaiwan Town, Jimusa'er (Jimsar or Gimusaer) County, Changji Hui Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 44.795533, 89.149825 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Wucaiwan-1); Construction scaled (Wucaiwan-2)
- Gross capacity:
- Wucaiwan-1: 700 MW (2 x 350 MW)
- Wucaiwan-2: 1,320 MW (2 x 660 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- In service: 2012 (Wucaiwan-1)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "神华神东电力新疆准东五彩湾发电公司一期工程投产发电," Asian Heart Network, 2012-12-20
- "Xinjiang Zhundong Wucaiwan Power Plant Unit 2 First Concrete Pour," Energy China NEPC, March 29, 2011
- "神华新疆准东五彩湾发电厂4×1000MW发电工程环境影响评价公众参与信息," County Environmental Protection, 2011-09-02
- "神华新疆准东五彩湾发电厂2×660MW扩建工程环境影响信息公示 ," County Environmental Protection, 2010-09-19
- "准东煤电基地开发规划环境影响评价公众参与第二次公示," 奇台县环境保护局, 2013-10-30
- "神华神东电力准东五彩湾二期电厂环境影响评价公众参与第一次公示," www.mining-trading.com, 2014.10.23
- "准东-华东“疆电外送”开工 跨越6省区成为世界最远距离送电," 亚心网, 2015-04-10
- "新疆准东"疆电外送"千万千瓦级煤电基地项目集中开工," 亚心网, 2015年04月10日
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017