Shuangliao West power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shuangliao West power station (国电吉林龙华长春热电厂一期) is an 1,860-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Jilin Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Shuangliao City.
Background on Plant
Description of Expansion
The second expansion unit (Unit 6) has been cancelled.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Project Details for Units 5 and 6 Expansion
- Sponsor: China Guodian
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Shuangliao City, Siping Prefecture, Jilin Province, China
- Coordinates: 43.5282178, 123.4633255 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Unit 5); Cancelled (Unit 6)
- Gross capacity: Unit 5: 660 MW; Unit 6: Cancelled
- Type: Supercritical
- In service: 2014 (Unit 5)
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电双辽发电有限公司二期扩建工程全面稳步实施", 四平市人民政府, 2011-08-17
- "中国能建完成双辽二期工程5号机定子吊装", 新浪财经, 2013-09-30
- "双辽二期5号机组扩建工程建设有序推进中", 中国国电集团公司, 2013-06-19
- "国电双辽发电有限公司二期扩建项目竣工投产," Siping Prefecture government, 2014-11-27
- "国电双辽发电有限公司二期扩建工程机组容量变更（1×660MW超临界机组） 环境影响评价信息公示（第一次," Shuangliao.gov, October 29, 2014
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017