The Skoll Foundation "was created by Jeff Skoll in 1999 to pursue his vision of a world where all people, regardless of geography, background or economic status, enjoy and employ the full range of their talents and abilities. Skoll, who was the first employee and first President of eBay, believes that strategic investments in the right people can lead to lasting social change." 
Board of Directors
- Jeffrey S. Skoll - Founder and Chairman, Skoll Foundation
- James G. B. DeMartini, III - Managing Partner, Seiler & Company, LLP
- Debra L. Dunn - Former Senior Vice President of Corporate Affairs and Global Citizenship, Hewlett-Packard Co.
- Roger L. Martin - Dean, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- Sally Osberg - President and CEO, Skoll Foundation
- Sally Osberg - President and CEO
- Lance Henderson - Vice President, Program and Impact
- Sandy Herz - Vice President, Marketing and Communications
- Richard Fahey - Chief Operating Officer
- Dave Severn, "Social Engineering Begins at Home: Jeffrey Skoll, Billionaire Philanthropist", Counterpunch, December 15, 2006.