Skull and Bones' Class of 1966
John Forbes Kerry (S&B 1966), while in the U.S. Senate. "has consistently gone to bat for the NEA," according to Dana Milbank (The New Republic Dec. 14). He earned a 100% tally in NEA's most recent rating as well as in the American Federation of Teacher's voting analysis. On schools he recently stated: "I'm for tough love here folks. It's time to come in and kick some butts. Democrats can't be viewed as somehow protecting these practices. You can't do this in some loosey-goosey, half-assed way."
Kerry's Yale Bones Class of 1966 was:
- John R. Bockstoce "Arctic historian, archeologist, sailor, and member of a native whaling crew"
- George Clifford Brown
- Alan W. Cross, M.D., Director, Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention at UNC-Chapel Hill, "one of 26 prevention research centers funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention"
- Michael Thomas Dalby
- James Ernest Howard, Associate Professor of Economics, Yale University
- John Forbes Kerry
- Forrest David Laidley
- Richard Warren Pershing Born in New York City on October 25, 1947. Grandson of General John J. Pershing. Died in Vietnam on February 17, 1968. His father, F. Warren Pershing, is or was the senior partner in Pershing & Co., stockbrokers. A graduate of both Phillips Exter Academy and Yale, he had just completed training at Ft. Benning, Georgia, before going to Vietnam. He was engaged to Shirley Hildreth Gay, a member of the editorial staff at Vogue Magazine.
- David McIver Rumsey/Descendant of George Mason
- Ronald Leonard Singer
- Frederick W. Smith, Chairman of Federal Express. Met with President William Jefferson Clinton (Washington Post August 21, 1997) for 45 minutes to discuss a problem that was costing his company $100 million a year. Made a $250,000 contribution to the Democratic National Committee (DNC). Federal Express is (Reuters Dec. 18) the world's largest air express package carrier. It has reached a tentative new agreement with its 3,600 pilots.
- William Burks Stanberry, Jr./Houston, TX; founder of SpectraCell Laboratories, Inc.
- David Hoadley Thorne
- Thomas Vargish
Also see Skull and Bones' Class of 1968