Sonhat coal mines
The Sonhat coal mines are a network of mines on the Sonhat coalfield in Chhattisgarh state, India.
The map below shows the location of the village of Sonhat, in Koriya district, Chhattisgarh state.
Background on Mine
The Sonhat coal mines, on the Sonhat coalfield, are owned by South Eastern Coalfields Limited (a subsidiary of state-owned Coal India). Mines on the coalfield include various mines at Churcha (Chharchha), as well as Nagar and Shivpuri.
- Sponsor: South Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Koriya district, Chhattisgarh state, India
- Coordinates: 23.471, 82.524 (approximate)
- Status: Operating
- Reserves: 2,665 MT (199 MT proven, 2,464 MT indicated)
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: Underground
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- SECL - Coal Resources/Reserves as per UNFC as on 01.04.2011, CMPDI website, accessed May 2015.
- Coal Directory of India 2012-13, Ministry of Coal, 2014, p. 2.10.