South Karanpura coal mines
The South Karanpura coal mines are a network of mines on the South Karanpura coalfield in Jharkhand state, India.
The map below shows the location of the South Karanpura mines, in Ramgarh district, Jharkhand state. All mines visible in the map below are apparently part of South Karanpura, extending from 23.61-23.71 N and from 85.27-85.46 E.
Background on Mine
The network of coal mines on the South Karanpura coalfield are owned by Central Coalfields Limited (a subsidiary of Coal India). There are numerous surface and underground mines on the South Karanpura coalfield.
The South Karanpura coal mines include mines in the Barka Sayal Area (Bhurkunda, Saunda, Central Saunda, Sayal, Urimari, and North Urimari/Birsa) and in the Argada Area (Gidi, Religara, Sirka, and Argada).
- Sponsor: Central Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Ramgarh district, Jharkhand state, India
- Coordinates: 23.667, 85.374 (approximate) (23.61-23.71 N, 85.27-85.46 E)
- Status: Operating
- Reserves: 6,571 MT (3,042 MT proven, 2,049 MT indicated, 1,480 MT inferred)
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: Surface and underground
- Source of financing: