"Foreign Affairs Editor of Chronicles: A Magazine of American Culture (since 1998) and Director of The Rockford Institute's Center for International Affairs. -- Write weekly online columns and a 2,000-word print edition monthly column, “The American Interest”; lecture and participate in conferences, summer and winter schools and other special events organized by the magazine and the Institute; provide expert commentary to media outlets.
"Co-Founder and Executive Director, The Lord Byron Foundation for Balkan Studies (LBF, since October 1994) www.balkanstudies.org -- Cultivate, secure, and steward donors and philanthropic support and orchestrate international events, including over 60 symposia, conferences, and roundtable debates across 20 countries. Contribute to and edit the Foundation’s quarterly newsletter, Byronica. Edited and contributed chapters to four collections of essays published by the Foundation.
"Visiting Professor of politics and international relations at the University of Banja Luka (Bosnia-Herzegovina). Conduct four ten-day visits per semester to teach Theories of Decision-Making (master’s program) and Introduction to International Relations, International Relations Theory, and Foreign Policy Analysis (undergraduate-level). IR lectures are being converted to a textbook, Introduction to IR Theory, to be published in Serbian in 2012.
"Associate Editor, Columnist and U.S. Correspondent, Geopolitika (www.geopolitika.rs) Serbia's leading global affairs magazine (since 2001). Writing a regular 3,000-word monthly column for the print edition and additional online commentaries; taking part in conferences and special events on behalf of the magazine (2-3 times a year); providing liaison for the magazine with prospective foreign interlocutors and partners.
"Author, among others, of The Sword of the Prophet - Islam: History, Theology, Impact on the World (over 70,000 copies sold since 2002), favorably reviewed by The Times of India, The Washington Times, The Spectator (UK), The American Conservative, The Orange County Register, Booklist, Investor’s Business Daily, National Review Book Service, Chronicles, and the Conservative Book Club, among others. The companion volume, Defeating Jihad, was published in 2006.
"Published in U.S. News & World Report, The Times of London, The American Conservative, The Washington Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Human Events, Cleveland Plain Dealer, The Philadelphia Inquirer, FrontPageMagazine.com, etc...
- 1996-98: Professor of International Studies at the University of St. Thomas in Houston, TX.
- 1993-95: Freelance journalist specializing in the former Yugoslavia
- 1991-92: Visiting Scholar at the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford, California, on a Title VIII grant from the U.S. Department of State.
- 1988-91: U.S. News & World Report Belgrade correspondent, stringer for The Washington Times.
- 1986-87: broadcaster with the Voice of America in Washington D.C.
- 1980-86: broadcaster and producer with the BBC World Service in London
Resources and articles
- Srdja Trifkovic Home, organizational web page, accessed July 14, 2014.