Stanley H. Abramson
Stanley H. Abramson is a partner and lobbyist at Arent Fox LLP. He joined Arent Fox in 2000 after working as a lobbyist at King & Spalding from 1989 to 1998. Before that, he worked at the EPA from 1982 to 1988 and at the Federal Highway Administration from 1979 to 1982. He received his BS from Drexel University in 1969, his JD from Rutgers University in 1973, and his MPA from University of Southern California in 1986.
- Practice Areas
- "Stan Abramson is a partner in the Arent Fox Washington, DC office, where he co-chairs the life sciences group. Stan’s practice is focused on biotechnology, food safety, pesticide law, and environmental law, with emphasis on product counseling and regulation. He represents clients in federal and state enforcement proceedings, defends challenges to pesticides and other chemical and biological products, develops corporate compliance and product stewardship programs, and conducts environmental audits and due diligence reviews.
- Client Work
- "Stan has more than 30 years experience in risk based programs and environmental law, including more than five years as an environmental and pesticide attorney with the US Environmental Protection Agency, where he served as associate general counsel for Pesticides and Toxic Substances and was a principal drafter of the federal government’s Coordinated Framework for Regulation of Biotechnology.
- "Stan works extensively with risk assessment and risk management issues and has served on interdisciplinary teams that have represented manufacturers in proceedings before regulatory agencies and the courts on issues related to pesticide law, food and drug law, and pharmaceutical products. He assists clients in obtaining regulatory approvals for agricultural, industrial and consumer products, including products improved through modern biotechnology. He deals with a wide variety of product related matters including advertising and labeling, testing and reporting, product liability disputes, export/import clearances, data use and compensation disputes, right-to-know programs, and trade secret protection.
- Professional Activities
- "Stan served as a member of the National Academy of Sciences Committee on Genetically Modified Pest-Protected Plants and is an associate member of the National Society of Professional Engineers. He also chaired the American Bar Association Committee on Chemical Regulation, Pesticides, and Right-To-Know.
- Publications, Presentations and Recognitions
- "Stan was selected by his peers to be included in the 2007 edition of The Best Lawyers in America in the specialty of Environmental Law.
- "As one of Washington, DC’s leading food and drug, biotechnology, and pesticide attorneys, Stan is a thought leader on life sciences legal issues and has authored numerous articles on biotechnology, food safety, pesticide law, and environmental law. He coauthored the Biosafety Sourcebook and is an editor of the Environmental Law Institute’s Law of Environmental Protection. He is a guest lecturer at American University’s Washington College of Law and has also held several recent speaking engagements including, “Traceability and Labeling of Genetically Modified Organisms: European Rules and Consequences,” on October 2, 2004 for the American Agricultural Law Association and “Environmental Auditing: Where We Are Today,” at the Bureau of National Affairs Audio Conference on November 10, 2004."
- Ph: 202.857.8935
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Stanley H. Abramson, Open Secrets.