"STEPHEN LLOYD - Chairman of CIVA since 1995. I am Senior Partner and head of the Charity and Social Enterprise Department at Bates Wells & Braithwaite, one of Britain's leading law firms in this area. I am also trustee of 5 other charities including being Chairman of the Charity Law Association. I became interested in the voluntary sector when I did voluntary service overseas in Sudan in the mid 1970s and have continued that interest since.
"I have also written or co-authored a number of books including "The Barclay's Guide to Law for the Small Business"; "The Charities Act Handbook"; "Charities Trading and the Law"; "The Fundraiser's Guide to the Law" and "Keeping it Legal - Legal forms for Social Enterprises". I was also one of the co-originators of the idea that developed into The Community Interest Company which the Government has recently adopted.
"I am married with four sons and live in Greenwich. I am a cyclist and sing in a local choir and love reading and classical music. "
- Chairman of Trustees Unlimited LLP
- Advisory Board, Big Society Capital
- Green Alliance: Individual Members
- VSO Sudan 1973-1974
- Former Chairman of The Charity Law Association
- Trustee, Chelwood 2000
- Trustee, Lloyd Fund
- Trustee, CAF Common Investment Funds
- Trustee, Green Thing Trust
- Trustee, Global Cool Foundation
- Former Trustee, Blackheath Society
- Former Trustee, UK Environmental Law Association
- Former Trustee, Environmental Law Foundation
- Former Trustee, Transport 2000 Charitable Trust
- Former Trustee, Blackheath Halls
- Former Trustee, Burney Street Garden Project
- Former Trustee, Iran Aid
- Financing, refinancing and funding - bank and debt funding and grants and inter relation e.g. Eden Project