Stewart J. Paperin
(Redirected from Stewart Paperin)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
- As executive vice president of the Open Society Institute and Soros foundations network, Stewart J. Paperin manages the administration and operations of the network, providing leadership to the foundations' economic reform and economic development activities. He also assists Soros Fund Management[ in managing its extensive equity investments in Russia.
- Earlier, Paperin was president of LionRock Partners, Ltd., a diversified consulting and investment firm in New York City. Previously he served as president of Brooke Group International, a U.S.–based leveraged buy-out firm operating in the former Soviet Union. He also served as chief financial officer of the Western Union Corporation during a major restructuring.
- Paperin has served as a member of the boards of directors of Western Union Corporation, PennOctane Corp., Global TeleSystems Group, Inc., Golden Telecom Inc., and OAO Svyazinvest (Russia’s national telephone company) as well as a variety of emerging Internet and telecommunication companies. Paperin also serves on the boards of directors of several economic policy institutes in Central and Eastern Europe and as a director of the National Urban Reconstruction Housing Authority of South Africa.
- Paperin earned B.A. and M.S. degrees from the State University of New York at Binghamton. He was awarded the Doctor of Humane Letters degree by the State University of New York. Source
- Advisory Board, Tony Elumelu Foundation 
- President, Soros Economic Development Fund
- Director, Millennium Promise 
Resources and articles
- THE TONY ELUMELU FOUNDATION CELEBRATES ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY, HOSTS ADVISORY BOARD, Tony Elumelu Foundation, accessed November 27, 2011.
- Board, Millennium Promise, accessed April 7, 2011.