SunTrust Bank (SunTrust Banks, Inc.) is a large bank in the Sun Belt of the U.S. with about 1,600 branches in such southeastern states as Alabama, North and South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Tennessee, and Virginia. It is buying Georgia-based GB&T Bancshares. In 2006, SunTrust had revenue of US$13.3 billion with profits of US$2.1 billion. 
|Key executives and 2006 pay: ||Options
|L. Phillip Humann, Executive Chairman||$7,565,439||N/A|
|James M. Wells III, Chief Executive Officer||$2,080,000||$1,540,000|
|Mark A. Chancy, Chief Financial Officer||$1,556,851||N/A|
|William Henry Rogers, Jr., Corporate Executive Vice President||$983,000||N/A|
Selected members of the Board of Directors: 
- Alston D. Correll, Chairman of the Board, Georgia-Pacific Corporation (under Koch Industries)
- E. Neville Isdell, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, The Coca-Cola Company
- M. Douglas Ivester, Former Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, The Coca-Cola Company
- Karen Hastie Williams, Former Partner, Crowell & Moring
303 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30308
Resources and articles
- SunTrust Banks Profile, Hoovers, accessed November 2007.
- 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed November 2007.
- SunTrust Banks Key Executives, Yahoo Finance, accessed November 2007.
- L Phillip Humann, Forbes, accessed November 2007.
- Mark A Chancy, Forbes, accessed November 2007.
- Board of Directors, SunTrust Banks, accessed November 2007.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|