Suzhou Qianyingzi power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Suzhou Qianyingzi power station (皖能宿州钱营孜发电厂) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Anhui Province, China.
The photo below shows the plant in Taoyuan Town, Yongqiao District, Suzhou Prefecture.
Background on Project
The two-unit, 700 MW coal plant is under construction and planned for commissioning in 2017. It is sponsored by Wanbei Coal-Electricity Group and Wenergy Group.
Plant postponed by July 2017 suspension
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Unit 1 was reported as commissioned in April 2018.
Satellite photographs from July 2017 and March 2018 show that Unit 2 continued construction and appeared to be substantially complete in March 2018.
Unit 2 was commissioned in August 2018.
- Sponsor: Anhui Hengyuan Coal Industry Co Ltd, Wenergy-Anhui Prov Energy
- Parent company: Wanbei Coal-Electricity Group, Wenergy Group
- Location: Taoyuan Town, Yongqiao District, Suzhou Prefecture, Anhui Province, China
- Coordinates: 33.5107954, 116.9261351 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start year: 2018
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "宿州钱营孜2×350MW低热值煤发电工程1号锅炉钢架按节点目标计划准时开吊," March 30, 2016
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "宿州钱营孜1号机组完成168小时试运行," CEEG, 2018-04-30
- Comparison of 33.5107954, 116.9261351 in July 2017 and March 2018, Planet, May 2018
- "中国能建总承包宿州钱营孜低热值煤发电工程2号机组通过168试运," CEC, 2018-08-14