Funding from Right-Wing Bradley Foundation in Wisconsin
The right-wing Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation, which is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and "doled out nearly as much money as the seven Koch and Scaife foundations combined" from 2001 to 2009, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, According to the foundation's IRS tax filings, the Bradley Foundation CCF at least $375,000 to the organization between 2009 and 2012. The tax filings report that the Bradley Foundation gave CCF $200,000 in 2009, $50,000 in 2010, and $125,000 in 2012, However, the actual amount of money CCF received from the Bradley Foundation between 2009 and 2012 may have been significantly greater. According to PR Watch, the Center for Consumer Freedom received $575,000 from the Bradley Foundation during that period.
See Contributions of the Bradley Foundation for more.
- Barbara Miner, Wisconsin's Progressive Tradition at Stake in the Recall Election, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, May 14, 2012.
- Center for Consumer Freedom, 2009 Form 990, organizational annual IRS filing, November 11, 2010.
- Center for Consumer Freedom, 2010 Form 990, organizational annual IRS filing, November 14, 2011.
- Center for Consumer Freedom, 2012 Form 990, organizational annual IRS filing, November 12, 2013.
- Brendan Fisher, Bradley Foundation Bankrolled Groups Pushing Back on Scott Walker John Doe Criminal Probe, "PR Watch", June 19, 2014.