Talk:David J. Rothkopf
The following was removed from the main page of this article by CMD Staff for further review:
David J. Rothkopf is currently CEO of Intellibridge. He joined Intellibridge following two years (1996-1998) as Managing Director of Kissinger Associates, Inc. Rothkopf was also "co-founder and president of The Newmarket Company LLC. He has served as an adjunct professor at Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs and at the Georgetown School of Foreign Service." Rothkopf is a neo-conservative and has strong links to Israel -- having been a college roomate with Michael B. Oren, the (2012) Israeli ambassador to the US.
- "Immediately prior to joining Kissinger Associates, Rothkopf served as Acting Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade, where he led the U.S. Department of Commerce's International Trade Administration. While at Commerce, he developed and chaired the Administration's Big Emerging Markets Initiative, a program cited by President William Jefferson Clinton as among the U.S. government's most important foreign policy priorities. The program focused Commerce Department and other U.S. government resources on developing and enhancing trading relationships with ten of the fastest growing markets in the world (including China, India, ASEAN, South Korea, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, South Africa, Poland and Turkey)." 
- "Rothkopf has written extensively on international trade and prior to joining the government, held a variety of senior positions in the private sector, including chairman and ceo of International Media Partners. His book, The Price of Peace: Emergency Economic Intervention and U.S. Foreign Policy, was published by the Carnegie Endowment in May 1998. "
- "Rothkopf holds a B.A. from Columbia College and attended the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism."
- "David J. Rothkopf, is chairman and ceo of The Rothkopf Group, which specializes in providing high-level advisory and consulting services on international themes for corporations and governments worldwide. Additionally, Mr. Rothkopf serves as President and CEO of Garten Rothkopf, LLC, an international advisory firm specializing in emerging markets investing and risk management related services. The special focus of the company is enhancing market value of a select group of companies the firm has identified as the rising stars of the emerging world.
- Mr. Rothkopf has had a distinguished career in business, government and the media and is well-known as an expert on international affairs, international economics and international security issues. He is the co-founder and former ceo of two companies: International Media Partners (publishers of CEO Magazine and Emerging Markets Newspapers, of which he was also editor) and Intellibridge Corporation (pioneer in the field of open-source intelligence gathering and analysis).
- "Mr. Rothkopf is also a visiting scholar at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace where he has recently completed his most recent book, entitled Running the World: The Inside Story of the National Security Council and the Architects of American Power, a behind-the-scenes history of how foreign policy is made in the White House. He has now begun work on his next book, The Superclass, due out in 2008 from Farrar, Straus & Giroux, which will look at global elites and how they are shaping globalization and being shaped by it. Additionally, at Carnegie, Mr. Rothkopf chairs the Carnegie Economic Strategy Roundtable as well as studies focusing on America's role in the world. He also serves as he has for the past 3 years as chairman of the National Strategic Investment Dialogue, an organization of leading institutional investors from across the US. He is also an adjunct professor of international affairs at Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs.
- "Mr. Rothkopf served as Deputy Under Secretary of Commerce of the U.S. for International Trade during the first Clinton Administration and concluded his term in the government with an extended period serving as Acting Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade where he directed the activities of the International Trade Administration. Subsequently, he served in the private sector as Managing Director of Kissinger Associates, the consulting firm chaired by former U.S. Secretary of State Henry A. Kissinger. After Kissinger and Associates, Mr. Rothkopf was chairman, ceo and co-founder of Intellibridge Corporation, a leading provider of international analysis and open-source intelligence for the U.S. national security community and selected corporations.
- "Mr. Rothkopf is the author of over 150 articles on international economic and security themes and is the author, co-author or editor of five books. His articles have appeared in The New York Times, the Washington Post, the Financial Times, the International Herald Tribune, USA Today, the Los Angeles Times, the Miami Herald, the Philadelphia Inquirer, Foreign Affairs, Foreign Policy, International Economy, Blueprint, and many other publications. He has taught or lectured at over a dozen universities. He has also appeared often as a commentator on international issues on both television and radio.
- "Mr. Rothkopf also speaks worldwide and is well-known as an event moderator and conductor of scenario exercises. He is a member of the Chairman's Advisory Council at the U.S. Institute of Peace, the Health Advisory Board of the Johns Hopkins/Bloomberg School of Public Health, and of the Center for Global Development. He was educated at Columbia College of Columbia University." 
Planting Israeli propaganda
Rothkopf seems to have strong links to the Israeli establishment, even having been a former room mate with the (2012) current Israeli ambassador to the US. On 8 October 2012, Rothkopf wrote a story, a "bombshell", about the advanced stages of joint US-Israeli planning for a bombing campaign against Iran. It transpires that the story was in all likelihood an Israeli plant.
- Former member, Independent Task Force on Columbia
- Member, Council on Foreign Relations Task Force on Latin America 
- Member, Council on Foreign Relations
- Non-Resident Associate, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Advisory Group, Center for Global Development
- Foreign Policy – CEO and Editor-at-Large
End Page Excerpt
From the World Economic Forum
David Rothkopf, Chief Executive Officer, Intellibridge Corporation, USA
Personal Profile: Co-Creator & Coordinating Producer, Flashpoint OMNI TV series; Publisher, Special Publications, VP & Marketing Director & V.P. & Managing Editor, Institutional Investor; Co-Founder, Chairman & Chief Exec., Int'l Media Partners; 1993, Deputy Undersecretary of Commerce for Int'l Trade Policy and Dev., Clinton Admin. & Chair, Big Emerging Markets Initiative; Coordinator, Haiti Economic Recovery Initiative, the White House; 1996, Managing Director, Kissinger Associates; currently, Chairman, Chief Executive & Co-Founder, Intellibridge Corp. Adjunct Professor of Int'l Affairs, Columbia University. Advisory Board Member, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Member, Council on Foreign Relations. Author of over 150 articles and author/editor of six books on international foreign policy, security and economic themes.