Jump to navigation Jump to search
Relocating from article page - needs reworking. --Bob Burton 16:17, 3 Mar 2006 (EST)
About Michael Joyce:
- The former president of the Bradley Foundation, one of the largest and most influential right-wing organisations in America. It set up the PNAC led by William Kristol. Kristol’s Weekly Standard is viewed in Washington as the in-house paper for Team Bush. The Standard is bankrolled by Rupert Murdoch. Joyce once said that Bush’s key people such as Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz “were clearly influenced by Bradley Foundation thinking”.
- There are rumours that Joyce’s “best buddy” William Bennett, Reagan’s education secretary and Bush Snr’s drug czar, will have some involvement with Iraq’s post-war education system.
- Joyce has phoned Bennett with the words: “This is coach Joyce and this is what I want you to do.” Neil Bush, Dubya’s brother, has also been spoken of in connection with rebuilding the education system in Iraqi.
- Joyce is a self-styled moral guardian of American family values who, along with James Woolsey, is an adviser to Americans for Victory Over Terrorism, a group that wants to stifle criticism of American military muscle.
- Source: Neil Mackay, "Carving Up The New Iraq", Sunday Herald, April 13, 2003.