Deletions August 2005
- Hi 188.8.131.52, I reverted your unexplained deletions. Maybe there was a good reason but the protocol is to post a brief explanatory note on the talk pages (accessed by clicking the 'discussion' tab) so that other users can follow the reason for the change. Both the origianl title and your change were wrong. --Bob Burton 01:53, 27 Aug 2005 (EDT)
- The effect of recent changes was to try and change the quotes from the original article and alter the context. I shouldn't have to state it but it is unacceptable to change the quotes and pretend it was from the original. It may be there is a reason for adding material that is not covered in the Miami Herald article but these need to be accurately attributed to their own sources. --Bob Burton 00:19, 30 Aug 2005 (EDT)
- Explanation on rollback... correcting factual errors is one matter, making an article politically correct is another .... Artificial Intelligence 09:04, 21 Sep 2005 (EDT)
- strange to use "Michelle Malkin" as source for any story. either you are "sourcewatch" or you basically amplify the dubious "sources", like Malkin, out there.
- If you disagree on what a source has to say, that you can easily remedy by providing documented information in support of your objection. However, changing the wording or sense of a QUOTE is not allowed. A quote remains as stated. Nor is it allowed to remove words from a quote with which you disagree to paraphrase it to make it more to your liking.
- Again, if you disagree with a source, state your reasons and/or provide documentation that proves that the source is incorrect.
- It is also correct form to provide a separate paragraph stating your reasons for disagreeing, supported by verifiable sources, of course.
- Opposing opinions are always appreciated. However, keep in mind, this is SOURCEWatch .. not SOURCE We Agree With Everything Anyone Ever Wrote or Said. :-) Artificial Intelligence 14:40, 21 Sep 2005 (EDT)
Spin Control 2006
Checking back in the Peter Paul history I found that since my last addition/correction/edit in May 2005, this article has spun out of control, devoid of documentation for most subsequent additions, etc.
In accordance with SW policy, unreferenced material will be removed unless sourcing is provided. Artificial Intelligence 04:55, 29 Apr 2006 (EDT)
- AI, I have just caught up with this one and I agree with your comments. I'm out of time for now but the additions and deletions of Accuser don't conform to SW policies. As it stands it seems to me that there are large slabs of unreferenced material that either should be moved to the talk page or deleted. I'll return when I get a moment. --Bob Burton 05:12, 29 Apr 2006 (EDT)
Rolled back changes due to deletion of majority of posted material and addition of undocumented material. Page protected this article until the matter can be resolved. User:Accuser continues his/her procrustean edits. Artificial Intelligence 09:48, 23 May 2006 (EDT)
Time to Update this Article
Check on new articles and developments in Peter Paul battle with the Clintons at www.hillcap.org and update the cites please. cybertrend 07:59, 2 August 2006 (EDT)
The article is a joke
SourceWatch should be ashamed. Paul is a multiply-convicted felon who uses services like this to attempt to burnish his reputation. He inflates his minor business successes, leaves out the failures, firings, theft, flights from prosecution, extradiction, conviction, jail time, etc. Five minutes with Lexis/Nexis would demonstrate what a disservice you are doing here. Rufus 14:42, 2 January 2007 (EST)
- I've done a rebuild on a external links section. Out of time for today but have relocated the length first section on Clinton material pending check and merge further down the article.--Bob Burton 06:57, 3 January 2007 (EST)
- His efforts during 2000 to hire Bill Clinton, after he left the White House in 2001, resulted in his underwriting and executive producing The Hollywood Gala Tribute Concert and Salute to President Clinton in August, 2000. Paul hired Grammy producer Gary Smith to produce the largest private concert ever produced and unseen by the public. The Gala was also the largest fund-raising event for Hillary Clinton's Senate campaign. Hillary Clinton's efforts to hide Paul's role as her largest campaign contributor resulted in the criminal prosecution of her finance director and the FEC settlement with her campaign treasurer that forced an admission of filing false reports that hid more than $721,000 contributed by Paul.
When Paul discovered that Bill Clinton, acting through his agent Jim Levin, interfered with the funding of Stan Lee Media in November, 2000, causing the company's collapse, and when Paul discovered that Hillary's campaign filed a false FEC report in January 2001, hiding more than $1.2 million in Paul's cash in-kind contributions to Hillary's campaign, Paul turned on the Clintons and became a whistle blower.
His allegations that the amount and origin of his cash in-kind contributions of almost $2 million "were disguised in order to hide his involvement with Hillary's campaign ..." were corroborated in FBI affidavits in 2002, in the case presented by Justice Department Prosecutors in its trial of Hillary's finance director David Rosen for election fraud, in an ABC 20/20 exclusive interview in July 13, 2001, and in a landmark civil fraud suit filed in Los Angeles.
On January 26, 2006 the FEC published on its web site (www.fec.gov) that Hillary's Joint Fundraising Committee, New York Senate 2000 and its treasurer, Andrew Grossman, admitted to filing false reports with the FEC that hid more than $721,000 in contributions made by Peter Paul.
On January 30, 2006 Hillary Clinton's soft money Senate campaign committee, NY Senate 2000, filed a fourth amended FEC report that admitted $839,000 had been contributed by Paul through two of his holding companies, and it falsely attributed $225,000 as being personally contributed by Spider Man creator Stan Lee. Stan Lee maintained in sworn testimony that he gave no money to Hillary Clinton's Senate campaign. Hillary Clinton is now being called a liar by Spider Man's father!
On March 14, 2006, a seven-part series about Hillary Clinton, entitled "The Fraudulent Senator", was published by the conservative The New Media Journal.us (formerly The Rant.us). Contributors to the articles include Joan Swirsky, Justin Darr, A.J. DiCintio, Noel Sheppard and New Media Journal managing editor Frank Salvato.
On April 7, 2006, the Los Angeles Superior Court judge hearing Paul's civil fraud and coercion case against the Clintons and their associates, for causing the collapse of Stan Lee Media by Clinton's efforts to go into business with Paul's Japanese partner, Tendo Oto, ordered that Bill Clinton et al be tried on March 27, 2007. This opened the way for discovery and the depositions of a President and a Senator for committing a million dollar business fraud in order to generate the largest donation to the Senator's first election campaign.
Relocate during rebuild
I have relocated the bulk of the text, much of which is unreferenced, from the article page here while I rebuild. --Bob Burton 22:00, 12 August 2007 (EDT)
Paul's Early Career
"In the 1970s, before even turning 30, Paul was a prominent civic leader in Miami, having become president of the city's World Trade Center," John Dorschner wrote in the Miami Herald. Paul directed various anti-Castro activities in connection with his international law practice and orchestrated what Time Magazine named "the Cuban Coffee Caper" in 1978, which exposed Fidel Castro's ongoing frauds against the Soviet Union in his acquiring and selling black market coffee as Cuban coffee to Russia for a greatly increased subsidized price. Time Magazine wrote a full page story on the affair in its February 12, 1979 issue.
Paul relocated to California in 1985, where he was appointed by California Governor Deukmejian as President of the California Bicentennial Foundation for the US Constitution with the help of Ronald Reagan and his Los Angeles Kitchen Cabinet. Paul worked closely with former Supreme Court Chief Justice Warren Burger for the three-year commemoration of the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Paul co-produced Reagan's Welcome Home Dinnerin Beverly Hills ten days before Reagan left the White House January 20, 1989.
Paul co-founded the American Spirit Foundation in 1989 with legendary actor Jimmy Stewart, dedicated to harnessing entertainment industry resources to reverse the failure of youth at risk in public schools. The Foundation also assisted democracy movements in the former Soviet Union, Warsaw Pact and People's Republic of China. Paul worked with Boris Yeltsin's staff, Lech Walesa and the ambassadors of the People's Republic of China as a liason with the entertainment industry in a variety of projects. Stan Lee was tapped by Paul and Stewart to chair the Foundation leading to the relationship between Paul and Lee that resulted in the formation of Stan Lee Media in 1998.
Paul entered into the business of Hollywood when he began packaging celebrity books and associated literary agent wunderkind (who discovered Tom Clancy) Robert Gottlieb, in packaging "Men From Earth" by Apollo XI Astronaut Buzz Aldrin, "The Autobiography of Muhammad Ali" by Thomas Hauser, "Tony Curtis: The Autobiography" with Barry Paris.
In 1992 he set out to create his own "media icon" and masterminded the introduction of a retired male model from Italy as the first male Romance Novel writer. He turned Fabio Lanzoni into Fabio, the best selling novelist and spokesman and icon for romance and women's issues in the media. By the end of 1993, with Fabio on the cover of People Magazine and featured on Entertainment Tonite more than any Hollywood celebrity, Fabio became an International best selling novelist, calendar figure, recording artist, fragrance promoter and the spokesman for "I Cant Believe Its Not Butter". Paul arranged for Fabio to be honored with Justice Scalia and Danny DeVito by the National Italian American Foundation where Fabio picked up First Lady Hillary Clinton by her derriere and had her engage in various Romance poses with him.
In 1998, Paul liberated his close friend, creator of Spider Man, X-Men et al Stan Lee, from Marvel Comics so they could found an online superhero production and animation studio, Stan Lee Media. By 2000, Stan Lee Media became the leading online super hero animation studio in Hollywood. It employed 165 producers, animators, artists and writers and won the Web Award for the best Entertainment Portal on the web in 2000. SLM went public in August, 1999 and by February, 2000, the company had a market value of $360 million. Paul used his internet wealth to attempt to hire Bill Clinton to work with him and the company when Clinton was to leave the White House in January, 2001.
According to allegations in Paul's landmark fraud lawsuit against the Clintons, Bill Clinton's interference with Paul's Japanese partner, who Clinton secretly went into business with through his liaison Jim Levin in November, 2000, resulted in the loss of promised funding for SLM in November, 2000, when the NASDQ collapse shuttered more than 250 internet companies. Stan Lee Media closed in December, 2000 as a result and Paul relocated to Brazil where he had a language company since 1997.
From Brazil Paul began blowing the whistle on the Clintons and others in February, 2001. In June, 2001, Paul was indicted in New York for one count of violating SEC Regulation 10(b)5 in manipulating the price of Stan Lee Media stock in order to save the company.
In 2001, after being detained in Brazil, where he was legally living for eight months before an SEC indictment in New York in June, 2001, "acting on a request from U.S. prosecutors, Brazilian police arrested Paul in August 2001 and held him in a Sao Paulo facility while he while he fought extradition." 
In September 2003, "his legal defenses finally failed and he was moved to the Brooklyn, N.Y., Metropolitan Detention Center," Dorschner reported. 
Paul's Representation by Public Interest Law Firms
In order to obtain representation that Paul believed could not be intimidated by the Clintons and others, Paul was blowing the whistle on, he first associated Judicial Watch, a Washington-based public watch dog group, in 2001, and then when Judicial watch violated its ethical responsiblities to him and diverted millions it raised for his litigation to its own benefit, Paul discharged Judicial Watch and associated U.S. Justice Foundation, based in California, to litigate his claims against the Clintons.
Ian Urbina reported March 15, 2005, in the New York Times that "Peter Paul turned on the Clintons with a vengeance, claiming that they bilked him out of nearly $2 million in campaign donations" and his "pursuit ... was championed by Judicial Watch, a conservative legal group that has sued the Clintons repeatedly over the years."
However, Urbina says, "now Judicial Watch and Mr. Paul are battling each other. Mr. Paul says that the organization used his case solely to draw donations while doing little to solve his legal troubles. Last week, Judicial Watch filed court papers in California seeking to sever ties with Mr. Paul, who has, in turn, threatened to sue the group for nearly $1 million."