Talk:United States Democratic Party
The content of this page is under review: The Democratic Party is one of the two major United States political parties. The party is currently in the majority in both the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives.
Its origins lie in the Democratic-Republican Party founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1793. From 1833 to 1856, it was opposed chiefly by the Whig Party. From 1856 onward its main opposition has come from the Republican Party.
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Democratic National Committee
- U.S. congressional elections in 2006
- U.S. congressional elections in 2008
- U.S. congressional elections in 2010
- U.S. presidential election, 2004
- U.S. presidential election, 2008
- John Stauber, How Obama Took Over the Peace Movement, PRWatch.org, March 27, 2009.