Tammy L. Lewis
"Associate Professor Tammy Lewis joined the department in 2001. Her teaching and research interests include environmental sociology, social movements, sociology of development, and research methodology. She has conducted comparative research on the effects of the globalization of environmentalism in Latin America using both quantitative and qualitative approaches. Since 1992, she has conducted field work in Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Ecuador, and Peru. In 2007-2008 she was a Fulbright scholar in Ecuador studying the impacts of transnational funding on the organization of the Ecuadorian environmental movement sector and on Ecuador’s urban and rural environments. She has served as council member of the American Sociological Association's section on Environment and Technology, as the Reviews Editor for the journal Society and Natural Resources, and as a Trustee at Vassar College. She currently serves on the board of the Society for Conservation Biology’s Social Science Working Group and Muhlenberg College's Campus Greening Committee. " 
- Forthcoming 2008. Twenty Lessons in Environmental Sociology. Oxford University Press, co-authored with Kenneth Gould.
- 2007. “Viewing the Wreckage: Eco-Disaster Tourism in the Wake of Katrina.” Societies Without Borders 2(2): 175-197, co-authored with Kenneth Gould.
- 2005. “Extending the Stay: Using Community-Based Research and Service-Learning to Enhance Short-Term Study Abroad.” Journal of Studies in International Education 9: 251-264, co-authored with Richard Niesenbaum.
- 2005. “Sociology and the Environment: An Analysis of Coverage in Introductory Sociology Textbooks.” Teaching Sociology 33(2): 154-169, co-authored with Craig Humphrey.
- 2004. “Service-Learning for Social Change? Lessons from a Liberal Arts College.” Teaching Sociology 32(1): 94-108.
- 2004. “Blue-Green Coalitions: Constraints and Possibilities in the Post 9-11 Political Environment.” Journal of World Systems Research Special Issue: Global Social Movements Before and After 9-11. Winter X(1): 90-116, co-authored with Kenneth Gould and Timmons Roberts.
- 2003. “Environmental Aid: Driven by Recipient Need or Donor Interest?” Social Science Quarterly 84(1): 144-161.
- 2002. Environment, Energy and Society: A New Synthesis. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Publishing Company, co-authored with Craig Humphrey and Fred Buttel.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Tammy L. Lewis, MUHLENBERG COLLEGE , accessed September 29, 2009.