- "Tapani Haapala was involved in [the Global Partnership Initiative for Plant Breeding Capacity Building (GIPB)] project during the year 2008. While working as visiting scientist at FAO, he contributed to data collection, surveys and analysis and updating some of the pages of the website. He holds a PhD degree in plant breeding from the University of Helsinki, Finland. He has studied plant breeding, biotechnology, agronomy and horticulture also in the USA, Italy and Spain. He has been working in several developing countries and regions, such as Zambia, Egypt, Gaza, and Kosovo and short terms in many others. His special interests are on food security and plant propagation in conjunction to plant breeding."
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Global Partnership Initiative for Plant Breeding Capacity Building
- U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization
- FAO Plant Production and Protection Division
- Team and Contributors, Accessed October 28, 2011.