The Marketing of Gardasil in the United States
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other SourceWatch Resources
- Drug industry
- The Marketing of Gardasil in Australia
- The Marketing of Gardasil in Canada
- The Marketing of Gardasil in Europe
- The Marketing of Gardasil in New Zealand
- National Organization for Women
- "Research, Develop, and Sell, Sell Sell", Judith Siers-Poisson, July 2007.
- R. Waters, "Medicating Aliah", Mother Jones, May/June 2005.
- "NVIC Calls Merck & FDA "Not Completely Honest" Re: Pre-adolescent HPV Vaccine Safety", Alliance for Human Research Protection, June 29, 2006.
- Laura Smitherman, "Drug firm pushes vaccine mandate. Merck lobbies Md. on HPV preventive," Baltimore Sun, January 29, 2007.
- "Drugmaker wants law to require STD shot: Girls as young as 11 would have to be immunized against cervical cancer", MSNBC.com, January 30, 2007. (This is an Associated Press story).
- Liz Austin Peterson, "Merck lobbies states over cancer vaccine," Associated Press (Seattle Post-Intelligencer), January 30, 2007.
- Health Highlights: "Merck Pushing for Mandatory HPV Vaccination," Forbes, January 31, 2007.
- "US Parents And Doctors Concerned About The Haste To Vaccinate Pre-teen Girls Against Cervical Cancer," Medical News Today (UK), January 31, 2007.
- Laura Smitherman, "Bill to require vaccination of girls is pulled. Timing 'not right' to force HPV drug in Md., says Kelley," Baltimore Sun, January 31, 2007.
- Linda A. Johnson, "Cancer vaccine's price, insurance problems limiting patient access", USA Today, February 2, 2007. (This is an Associated Press story).
- "Perry asked to rescind cervical cancer order," Associated Press (Houston Chronicle), February 5, 2007.
- "More Re: Merck's "Help Pay for Vioxx" Mandatory Vaccine Campaign," Alliance for Human Research Protection, February 8, 2007.
- Liz Austin Peterson, "Texas Vaccine Mandate Draws GOP Ire. Texas Republicans ask Gov. Perry to rescind vaccine mandate for cervical cancer virus," Associated Press (CBS News), February 6, 2007.
- Mark Caputo, "Florida may require vaccine for girls. Some key state lawmakers want to require Florida girls to be vaccinated against a sexually transmitted disease that causes cervical cancer," Miami Herald, February 6, 2007.
- Peter Loftus, "Merck: Gardasil may fight more strains," Associated Press (BusinessWeek.com), February 6, 2007.
- Shannon Pettypiece and Angela Zimm, "Merck Stops Campaign to Mandate Gardasil Vaccine Use (Update3)," Bloomberg News, February 20, 2007.
- "Gardasil Pushed by 'Women in Gov'", "O'Dwyers PR Daily, February 20, 2007. (sub req'd).
- Amy Gardner, "Merck to Stop Pushing to Require Shots," Washington Post, February 21, 2007.
- Andrew Pollack and Stephanie Saul, "Merck to Halt Lobbying for Vaccine for Girls," New York Times, February 21, 2007.
- Merch Kills Lobbying Push", "O'Dwyers PR Daily, February 21, 2007. (sub req'd).
- David Edwards and Mike Sheehan, "Texas Governor Perry took Merck money before mandating cervical vaccine," The Raw Story, February 22, 2007.
- Ellen Goodman, "Goodman: What Merck needs is vaccine for bad PR", Boston Globe, March 1, 2007.
- "Virginia to require vaccine for girls," Associated Press, March 1, 2007.
- Cindy Bevington, "HPV VaccineResearcher adds to vaccine comments", KPC News (Kendallville, Indianapolis), March 21, 2007.
- Karen Houppert, "Who's Afraid of Gardasil?", The Nation, March 26 2007.
- Pam Martens, "How Dangerous Are Merck's Thought Police (A look inside Merck)", Op-Ed News.com, April 2, 2007.
- Laura Sessions Stepp, "In No Hurry to Give It a Shot: Many College Students Hesitant About Vaccine Offering Protection Against Cervical Cancer", Washington Post, April 3, 2007.
- John Carreyrou, "Viral Marketing: Questions on Efficacy Cloud a Cancer Vaccine: Merck Predicts Big Fall In Cervical Lesions, But Data Are Complex", Wall Street Journal, April 16, 2007; Page A1. (Sub req'd).
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|