Tibet Information Network
Tibet Information Network (TIN) "was started in the late 1980s and rapidly became the leading independent provider of news on Tibet, as well as a prime source of more detailed research." 
- Co-founder and Director 1987-1998 was Robert J. Barnett
- Co-founder Nicholas Howen
- Director (1998 to 2001 at least), Richard Oppenheimer 
- Director (2002 to Aug 2005 at least), Thierry Dodin 
"TibetInfoNet is a new and fully independent organisation. As such, it has no legal or institutional relationship with the now defunct Tibet Information Network. However, TibetInfoNet was founded as a private initiative by a network of contributors to Tibet Information Network, some former staff members and long-term supporters. TibetInfoNet intends to pursue the same mission as Tibet Information Network and fill the gap left by its demise." 
- John Gittings, "China tries to snare Tibet's web visitors", Guardian, January 15, 2001.