Tim Lankester "has been President of Corpus since 2001. Before that he was Director of the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London. From 1973 to 1995, he was in the civil service. He served at the Treasury, at 10 Downing Street as Private Secretary to Prime Ministers Callaghan and Thatcher, as Britain's representative on the boards of the IMF, World Bank and the European Investment Bank, and as permanent secretary in the international aid and education ministries. He has served as Deputy Chairman of the British Council. An economist by training, he writes and lectures on international aid and economic development, with particular reference to Africa and Asia. He has been a consultant to the UN, the World Bank, and the Commonwealth Secretariat. He is a member of the UK-India Roundtable, UK Governor for the Asia-Europe Foundation, and a Council member of VSO. He chairs two University committees: the Admissions Committee (and its subsidiary, the Admissions Executive) and the College Contributions Committee." 
"Sir Tim has been on the Board of the British Council since 1989 and has been Deputy Chairman since 1999. He is a Governor of the Asia-Europe Foundation and a member of the UK Committee of the Aga Khan Foundation." 
- Director, Mitchells & Butlers 
- Advisory Team, Global Development Forum 
- Former Director (2000-01), International Alert 
- Council Member, Volunteer Services Overseas 
Resources and articles
- President, Oxford University, accessed August 14, 2007.
- Sir Tim Lankester, KCB, University of London, accessed August 14, 2007.
- Management, Mitchells & Butlers, accessed August 14, 2007.
- Global Development Forum, Global Development Forum, accessed August 14, 2007.
- 20 Years of Peacebuilding, International Alert, accessed August 13, 2007.
- Council, Volunteer Services Overseas, accessed September 1, 2008.