Timothy Phillips "is a founding co-chair of the Project on Justice in Times of Transition of Harvard University. He has served as a consultant to non-governmental and governmental organizations in the United States and abroad, including the US State Department and the Council of Europe, on democratization, conflict resolution and human rights initiatives.
"Mr. Phillips is a member of the Board of Directors and Advisors of the Foundation for a Civil Society, the University of the Middle East, the Institute for Global Leadership at Tufts University, and the Coexistence Initiative. He served as an advisor to the Government of Sri Lanka in the design and implementation of its peace process and has worked closely with leaders in several countries on conflict resolution and reconciliation initiatives." 
"Phillips is a member of the Board of Directors of The Foundation for a Civil Society, the Institute for Central American Studies, the EPIIC Program at Tufts University, and the International Rescue Committee." 2003
- Director, Foundation for a Civil Society
- Co-chair, Project on Justice in Times of Transition
- Executive Board, Institute for Global Leadership
- Director, International Rescue Committee 
- Advisory Board, University of the Middle East Project 
Resources and articles
- Leadership, University of the Middle East Project, accessed October 28, 2010.