Tobacco industry marketing aimed at the mentally ill
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Also included here are tobacco industry documents that generally regard or discuss mental illness.
- Schizophrenic. The new Merit. We've got flavor down to a science. May, 1986 magazine advertisement (Philip Morris)
- Harley Davidson cigarette ad, back-to-back with article about fighting depression Parade magazine, May, 1988
- RJR's Pharmaceutical technology branch, Targacept, pursues nicotine treatment for schizophrenia
- Statement regarding the American Psychiatric Associations Diagnostic and Statistical Manual
- Why do the following hospitals force psychiatric patients to go cold turkey? Advertisement, estimated date September, 1994
- Counsel to Tobacco Institute Labor Management Committee provides help to protest a smoking ban at Lenhal State Hospital for the Mentally Ill Tobacco Institute, 1988
- Smoking and attention deficit disorder
- Tobacco Use Among Individuals With Schizophrenia: What Role Has the Tobacco Industry Played?
- Evans AE Dependence in Schizophrenia Psychiatric Times, March 1, 2008 Vol. 25 No. 3. (An estimated 45% of all cigarettes sold in the United States are sold to people with a mental illness)