Tom Burke CBE
"Tom is currently a Visiting Professor at Imperial College and Honorary Professor, Faculty of Laws, University College London. He is also the Founder Director of E3G, Third Generation Environmentalism and Chairman, Editorial Advisory Board, ENDS. Tom previously was Environmental Policy Adviser to Rio Tinto plc and a Senior Advisor to the Foreign Secretary's Special Representative on Climate Change.
"He was a member of the Council of English Nature, the statutory advisor to the British Government on biodiversity from 1999–2005. During 2002 he served as an advisor to the Central Policy Group in the Deputy Prime Minister's Office. He was Special Adviser to three Secretaries of State for the Environment from 1991–7 after serving as Director of the Green Alliance from 1982–91. - See more at: http://www.cisl.cam.ac.uk/About-Us/Senior-Associates.aspx#sthash.UHJKAuKJ.dpuf"
"He is a member of the Council of English Nature; statutory advisor to the British Government on biodiversity; and co-chairman of the Anglo-German Environment Forum. He was recently appointed an honorary professor in the Faculty of Laws at University College, London and is a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
"Since 1991 he has been a member of the Advisory Committee to the Business in the Environment Task Team. He is on the Advisory Council of the Earth Centre and advises a number of other environmental organisations. He is a founding member of the Council of the Institute of Environmental Management and served as Green Alliance's director from 1982-91." 
He is a former Friends of the Earth UK activist.
- Sustainability Council, Earth Capital Partners 
- Trustee, Green Alliance
- Founding Director, E3G 
- Advisory Board, Counterpoint 
- Senior Associate, Institute for Sustainability Leadership
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Institute for Sustainability Leadership Senior Associates, organizational web page, accessed May 8, 2014.
- Trustees, Green Alliance, accessed April 29, 2009.
- Earth Capital Partners Sustainability Council, organizational web page, accessed May 8, 2014.
- E3G About, organizational web page, accessed April 14, 2012.
- Counterpoint Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed April 4, 2013.
- Deborah Ball, "Ex-Activists Find Grass Is Greener On Corporate Side:Mr. Burke Once Fought Mines; Now He Pushes Big Dig Near Madagascar Town", Wall Street Journal, November 17, 2004.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|