Hongjun Aluminum power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Hongjun Aluminum power station (国家电投内蒙能源霍煤鸿骏电力分公司) is a 1,800-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station, in Huolinguole (Holingol) City, Tongliao Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. (As can be seen from this image, the plant's units stretch over a 2km distance in a north-south direction.)
Background on Plant
Hongjun Aluminum power station is owned by CPI and partners. The first eight coal-fired units have a total capacity of 1,200 MW, and consist of the following units: 2 × 50MW, 2 × 100MW, 2 × 150MW, and 2 × 300MW. Units 1-2 totaling 100 MW were retired in 2015.
Units 7-8 began operation in 2012.
Description of Expansion
CPI planned to build two additional coal-fired units at this plant by 2014, with a total capacity of 700 MW.
The expansion did not receive all necessary permits for operation until 2015. The power station was already constructed, so that when all permits were received, the two units went into operation.
In July 2015, China Power Investment Corporation (CPI) and State Nuclear Power Technology Corporation (SNPTC) merged to become State Power Investment Corporation (国家电力投资集团), one of the five largest state-owned electricity producers in the People's Republic of China.
- Sponsor: Singapore Mainland Adversary Co (37%), State Power Investment Corporation (34%), Tongliao Asset Management (19%), Dezheng Resources Holding (10%)
- Location: Huolinguole (Holingol) City, Tongliao Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 45.507222, 119.65 (exact)
- Status: Retired (Units 1-2), Operating (Units 3-10)
- Gross capacity: 1,800 MW (Units 3 & 4: 100 MW, Units 5 & 6: 150 MW, Units 7 & 8: 300 MW, Units 9 & 10: 350 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start year: 2004-2015
- Coal type: Lignite waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "内蒙古霍煤鸿骏铝电有限责任公司电力分公司," State Power Investment Corp, 2014-10-23
- "项目介绍", 中电投电力工程有限公司鸿骏铝电项目部, accessed October 2016
- "关于内蒙古霍林河发电有限责任公司2×300兆瓦机组工程竣工环境保护验收合格的函," China MEP, 2014年02月18日
- "中国电力报：因循环而持续——中电投蒙东产业集群树立循环经济典范", 中国电力报, 2012-11-26
- "中电投霍林河循环经济示范工程2×35万千瓦“上大压小”自备电厂扩建项目获核准," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2015/8/3
- "内蒙古霍煤鸿骏铝电有限责任公司电力分公司," State Power Investment Corp., 2014-10-23
- "霍煤鸿骏铝电公司电力分公司：屹立排头续远行"State Power Investment Co, 2017-9-20
- "Chinese nuclear giant officially launched", World Nuclear Association (16 July 2015). Retrieved on 4 May 2015.