Tony Pederson "has held the Belo Chair since June 2003" at the Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas. "Before that he was senior vice president and executive editor of The Houston Chronicle. Pederson's interests are First Amendment law and press freedom issues, especially in Latin America." 
- Partners of the Americas -- Director
- International Center for Journalists -- Board of Advisors
- Inter American Press Association (IAPA) -- Executive Officer
- Freedom of Information Foundation of Texas -- Director
- "Biographical Note", Undated, Accessed 15 July 2007.