Traditional family values
Traditional family values, or family values, is "a political and social concept or term that has been used in various nations across the world to describe a set of moral beliefs in society specifically in response to the perception by social or religious conservatives of declining morality within that nation itself" . "The term is vague in its precise definition as many different groups have claimed that it means different things. As such, 'family values' has been described as a political buzzword or power word," according to the Wikipedia, which defines family values thusly:
- "The concept of 'family values' is rooted in each individual culture thus making the values different for different societies. In addition, cultures change over time in response to economic, political, and cultural developments. Therefore, 'family values' vary from household to household, from country to country, and from generation to generation." 
The following are internal and external links to resources related to traditional family values.
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Alliance Defense Fund
- American Family Association
- American Values
- American Values Agenda
- Family Research Council
- Focus on the Family
- Justice Sunday
- Religious Right
- Sam Brownback / U.S. presidential election, 2008
- Values Action Team
- values voters
- Traditional Family Values in Answers.com. Includes Wikipedia article.
- "Traditional Values Defined," Traditional Values Coalition.
Articles & Commentary
- "Protecting Family Values," Alliance Defense Fund, undated.
- "On Traditional Family Values," TIME Magazine, July 28, 1980.
- Stephen Pizzo, "Bush Family Value$," MotherJones, September 1, 1992.
- Lawrence Stone, "Family Values in a Historical Perspective," The Tanner Lectures on Human Values, Delivered at Harvard University, November 16 and 17, 1994.
- Morris Sullivan, "Family Values. Witch-Hunting in the Nineties," Impact Press, August/September 1997.
- "Asian families uphold traditional values," BBC, December 18, 2000.
- Robert Scheer, "Family Values Down the Toilet. The recall is back and Arnold is armed with support from the Republican Women's Caucus -- a relationship clearly at odds with Republican claims to traditional family values," AlterNet, September 23, 2003; Salon, September 24, 2003.
- Iain Lygo, "Australian Values," ZNet, July 12, 2004.
- William V. D'Antonio, "Walking the walk on family values," Boston Globe, October 31, 2004.
- Paul M. Weyrich, "Traditional Family Values," Accuracy in Media, also posted at GOPUSA, May 4, 2005; "Why We Fight for Traditional Family Values," NewsMax, May 5, 2005.
- Paul Krugman, "French Family Values," New York Times, July 29, 2005.
- E.J. Graff, "The Family Values Sideshow," TomPaine.com, November 4, 2005.
- "New 'Catholic Town' Draws Scrutiny. 'Traditional Family Values,' No Porn, In New Florida Community," CBS News/Associated Press, March 3, 2006.
- Rebecca Camber, "Traditional families hit by declining morals," Daily Mail (UK), June 28, 2006.
- Zac Taylor, "Family Values," Debunking Christianity Blog, September 9, 2006.
- E.J. Dionne, Jr., "'Family Values' for All of Us," Washington Post, October 7, 2006.
- Billmon, "Traditional Family Values," Whiskey Bar, October 30, 2006.
- Tim Graham "More Hunting for Haters? CBS Seeks 'Traditional' Family 'Uneasy Around Muslims'," NewsBusters, October 31, 2006.
- "Brownback Calls for More Family Values," NewsMax, December 7, 2006; Liz Sidoti, "Brownback Calls for More Family Values," Associated Press (ChristianPost.com), December 9, 2006.
- Lisa Miller, "Holy Family Values. The world into which Jesus was born and raised has shaped morals for two millennia. How Jewish mores became Christianity's customs," Newsweek (MSNBC), December 18, 2006.
- Seanna Adcox, "Brownback says conservative values set him apart in 2008," The Times and Democrat (SC), December 22, 2006.
- Brian Dickerson, "Adultery could mean life, court finds. That's what the law says in sex-drug case Cox appealed," Detroit Free Press, January 15, 2007.