Trans Damodar Barjora mine
Trans Damodar Barjora mine is a 1.0 million ton-per-annum (MTPA) coal mine in West Bengal state, India.
The map below shows the location of the mine, near Barjora, Bankura District, West Bengal State.
Background on Mine
The 1.0 million ton-per-annum Barjora coal mine was previously owned by West Bengal Mineral Development and Trading Corporation (WBMDTC), owned by the State of West Bengal. The mine was operated by a private company, Trans Damodar Coal Mining.
- Sponsor: Durgapur Projects Limited
- Parent company: State of West Bengal
- Location: Barjora, Bankura District, West Bengal State, India
- Coordinates: 23.45163, 87.30433 (exact)
- Status: Existing
- Capacity: 1.0 MTPA
- Proven reserves: 61.7 MT
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: Open-cast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Trans Damodar Mine, MSTC website, accessed May 2015.
- Debjoy Sengupta, Trans Damodar coal mining project aims at a 1 million tonne coal production a year, Economic Times, 14 Apr. 2012.
- Barjora Coal Mine, Green Clearance Watch, accessed May 2015.
- Trans-Damodar coal block goes to Durgapur Projects, Times of India, 17 Feb. 2015.