"Transition Earth aims to increase awareness on the effects of increasing population growth and unsustainable economic growth on people and the planet. "Our mission is to promote human rights and nature’s rights in a world of unsustainable population and economic growth and advocates for global systems change to enable the shift to a sustainable planet for all. " Transition Earth is a project of Earth Island Institute.
They are a member of Nature Needs Half.
- Suzanne York, Project Director
- Karen Gaia Pitts, Project Coordinator, Maasai Harmonial Development & Sustainability (U.S.)
- Joshua Mirondo, Youth Blogger
- Shannon Biggs - Movement Rights
- Claire Greensfelder - International Women’s Earth and Climate Initiative (IWECI)
- Randy Hayes - Foundation Earth
- Andrzej Kozlowski - Paragon Philanthropy
- Sarah Mitts - Organizational development and communications consultant
- Rohan Shamapant - CoreAlign
- Negash Teklu - PHE Ethiopia Consortium
- Robert Walker - Population Institute
- Gladys Kalema-Zikusoka - Conservation Through Public Health
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Transition Earth About, organizational web page, accessed October 6, 2019.