Troop surge in Iraq/external articles 2007 - Part 2
|This article is part of SourceWatch and Congresspedia coverage of the
Bush administration's war in Iraq
The following are external articles starting May 2007 related to the main article troop surge in Iraq (McCain doctrine).
- Stewart M. Powell, "Second Iraq 'surge' quieter. No televised announcement, but more troops deploy just the same," Hearst Newspapers (The News Tribune), May 22, 2007.
- Media Lens, "The Surge - BBC’s Mark Urban And The Independent’s Adrian Hamilton On Iraq," Atlantic Free Press (Netherlands), May 22, 2007.
- John Aravosis, "Tony Snow: We're staying in Iraq 50 years ," AMERICAblog, May 31, 2007.
- John Aravosis, "Petraeus has already decided he's going to call the surge a success in September," AMERICAblog, June 1, 2007. Note that the ABC News article now differs from that posted by AMERICAblog on June 1st.
- Mary Bruce, "Murtha: U.S. in Iraq Inspired JFK Plot. Rep. John Murtha, D-Pa., Ties War in Iraq to Homegrown Terrorism," ABC News, June 3, 2007.
- John Aravosis, "Surge not going well, US commanders in Iraq say," AMERICAblog, June 3, 2007.
- David S. Cloud and Damien Cave, "Commanders Say Push in Baghdad Is Short of Goal," New York Times, June 4, 2007.
- Amanda Terkel, "Petraeus: ‘We Haven’t Started The Surge Yet’," Think Progress, June 5, 2007.
- Andrew Gray, "U.S. says all Iraq reinforcements now in place," Reuters AlertNet, June 15, 2007.
- Nico Pitney, "Giuliani Signals Support For Second Escalation Of U.S. Forces To Iraq," Think Progress, June 15, 2007.
- Karina, "Escalation at Six Months," The Gavel (Speaker's) Blog, July 10, 2007.
- Mike Allen, "Bush report to claim progress on Iraq," The Politico, July 11, 2007.
- Nancy A. Youssef, "Few Iraq benchmarks have been met, McClatchy analysis shows," McClatchy Newspapers, July 11, 2007.
- Jonathan S. Landay and Nancy A. Youssef, "New U.S. intelligence assessment casts doubts on Bush's Iraq policy," McClatchy Newspapers, July 11, 2007.
- Karen DeYoung and Peter Baker, "White House Gives Iraq Mixed Marks in Report. Assessment of Progress Is to Be Released Today," Washington Post, July 12, 2007.
- Robin Wright, "White House Isn't Backing Iraq Study Group Follow-Up," Washington Post, July 12, 2007. re Iraq Study Group
- "White House To Give Mixed Review On Iraq. Assessment To Lawmakers Comes As More Republicans Losing Patience With War," CBS News/Associated Press, July 12, 2007.
- David Jackson, "Iraq progress report shows 'mixed results'," USA TODAY, July 12, 2007.
- Paul Richter, "Administration foiled by own Iraq goals. The failure to prod Baghdad with a list of benchmarks has aided foes of the war in Congress and enemies in the field, officials say," Los Angeles Times, July 12, 2007.
- Ryan Powers, "FACT CHECK: Bush’s Claims Of ‘Satisfactory Performance’ In Iraq Debunked," Think Progress, July 12, 2007.
- Karen DeYoung and Thomas E. Ricks, "Exit Strategies. Would Iran Take Over Iraq? Would Al-Qaeda? The Debate About How and When to Leave Centers on What Might Happen After the U.S. Goes," Washington Post, July 17, 2007.
- Dan Reilly, "Crocker's remarks steam Democrats," The Crypt's Blog/The Politico, July 19, 2007.
- Julian E. Barnes and Paul Richter, "U.S. military wants new date to assess buildup: November," Los Angeles Times, July 20, 2007.
- Tom Shanker and David S. Cloud, "U.S. Generals Request Delay in Judging Iraq," New York Times, July 20, 2007.
- Karen DeYoung, "Iraq Report Boils Down to Competing Time Demands," Washington Post, July 20, 2007.
- Chris Cillizza, "Parsing the Polls: Who Really Supports Withdrawal?" The Fix Blog/Washington Post, July 25, 2007. See Washington Post/ABC News poll.
- Edward Epstein, "House votes to bar bases in Iraq. Dems use 7th such action to press GOP to end war support," San Francisco Chronicle, July 26, 2007.
- "Escalation Architect Says Calling The Army Broken ‘Is One Of The Most Offensive Statements To Make’," Think Progress, July 27, 2007.
- Paul Beddard, "Hints on When Troops Come Home," Washington Whispers/U.S. News & World Report, July 29, 2007.
- "Big U.S. presence in Iraq until mid-2009: commander," Reuters (Common Dreams), July 30, 2007.
- Chris Hedges, "Beyond Disaster," Truthdig, August 6, 2007.
- Jordan Grossman, "After Four Years of Certainty, McCain ‘Not Positive We Can Win’ In Iraq," Think Progress, August 8, 2007.
- John Aravosis, "Dear General Petraeus, stop lying about the 'surge' - it has nothing to do with Al Anbar province and you know it," AMERICAblog, August 11, 2007.
- Satyam Khanna, "REPORT: 68 Percent Of Foreign Policy Experts Favor Redeployment From Iraq," Think Progress, August 20, 2007.
- Faiz Shakir, "Levin: Escalation’s Goals Have ‘Totally And Utterly Failed,’ Begin Withdrawal In Less Than 4 Months," Think Progress, August 20, 2007.
- Daniel W. Reilly, "Senators give surge mixed reviews," The Politico, August 20, 2007.