USAID International Research and Biotechnology Team
The USAID International Research and Biotechnology Team (EGAT/ESP/IRB) is a team within the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). It falls within the Bureau of Economic Growth, Agriculture, and Trade and the Office of Environment and Science Policy. The team:
- "provides Agency representation in multilateral agricultural research, such as the CGIAR, and Agency technical leadership on issues of agricultural biotechnology. The Team also manages various contract and grant mechanisms that enable USAID Missions to tap into the expertise of the CGIAR, U.S. public research institutions, and the biotechnology industry as needed to support bilateral and regional objectives in economic growth and environment."
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- USAID Promotion of Agricultural Biotechnology
- U.S. State Department Promotion of Agricultural Biotechnology
- U.S. Department of State Biotechnology Outreach Funds
- Economic Growth, Agriculture, and Trade Bureau Primer, 2007, Accessed October 21, 2011.