United Defense Industries
United Defense Industries, according to the company's web site, is a "leader in the design, development and production of combat vehicles, artillery, naval guns, missile launchers and precision munitions used by the U.S. Department of Defense and allies worldwide. For many of its key U.S. Department of Defense programs, United Defense is the sole-source prime contractor and systems integrator. The company's 5,300 employees are recognized for their outstanding research and development efforts in key technologies, development of combat system operating software and highly efficient manufacturing processes."
Hoover's Online adds that United Defense "has been making landing craft and armored vehicles since WWII. The company's arsenal includes combat vehicles (Bradley armored infantry vehicle), fire support equipment (self-propelled howitzers), combat support vehicles, weapons delivery systems (missile launchers, artillery systems), and amphibious assault vehicles. The US government accounts for almost 80% of sales. United Defense Industries has also acquired United States Marine Repair, a leading non-nuclear ship repair and overhaul company. The Carlyle Group owns 49.5% of United Defense, whose directors include former government heavyweights Frank C. Carlucci (Defense) and John M. Shalikashvili (Joint Chiefs)."
- Thomas W. Rabaut, President, Chief Executive Officer and Director
- Francis Raborn, Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Director
- Dennis A. Wagner, Vice President, Business Development & Marketing
- David V. Kolovat, Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
- Keith B. Howe, Vice President, General Manager -- Armament Systems
- Arthur L. Roberts, Vice President, General Manager -- International
- Elmer L. Doty, Vice President, General Manager -- Ground Systems
- Al Krekich, President, United States Marine Repair
Board of Directors
- William E. Conway, Jr., Chairman of the Board
- Frank Charles Carlucci III, Director
- Peter J. Clare, Director and Managing Director at the Carlyle Group; Non-managing Director Koram Bank
- Allan M. Holt, Director and Managing Director at the Carlyle Group
- Robert M. Kimmitt, Director
- J.H. Binford Peay III, Director
- John M. Shalikashvili, Director
United Defense, L.P.
1525 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22209-2444