University of Wisconsin-Stout Plant
The University of Wisconsin-Stout has a physical plant providing heat to the campus.
The Sierra Club contends that the Stout plant, along with the University of Wisconsin's Eau Claire, Stevens Point, and La Crosse coal-burning plants all are in violation of the EPA’s Clean Air Act because they didn't install modern pollution controls when making plant renovations.
Related SourceWatch articles
- Campus coal plants
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Opposition to existing coal plants
- Coal and jobs
- Coal-fired power plant capacity and generation
- Coal phase-out
- Coal plant conversion projects
- Coal plants near residential areas
- Anne C. Mulkern, "Colleges Are Battlegrounds for Coal Fight," Greenwire, October 14, 2009.
- Campuses Beyond Coal Campaign, Sierra Club, September 2009.
- "DOE Announces Winners of Annual University Coal Research Grants," July 7, 2005.
- American College & University Presidents Climate Commitment