VOSESA "is a non-profit, non-governmental organisation based in Johannesburg, South Africa. It was set up in 2003 as part of the Global Service Institute (GSI) network¹ to address the need for well-researched, up-to-date information on civic service and volunteering in southern Africa.
"VOSESA supports the growth of knowledge about civic service and volunteering in the following southern African countries: Angola, Botswana, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe." 
"VOSESA has been privileged to work with the following organisations:
- Centre for Social Development in Africa, Department of Social Work, University of Johannesburg (Johannesburg, South Africa).
- Global Service Institute at the Center for Social Development, Washington University (St Louis, Missouri, USA)
- Helene Perold & Associates (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Innovations in Civic Participation (Washington DC, USA)
- International Association for Voluntary Effort (Nigeria)
- Nelson Mandela Foundation (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Helene Perold: Executive Director
- Salah Elzein Mohamed: Co-ordinator
- Philanie Jooste: Publishing Manager
- Benter Okello: Finance Manager
- Rejoice Shumba: Project Co-ordinator
- Paula Krynauw: Database and Resource Centre Administrator