Vance G. Martin
Vance G. Martin "President of The WILD Foundation. Mr. Martin joined WILD as president in 1984, after 15 years in international business and non-profit management. An innovative leader known for bridging the interests of people and nature, he has worked in over 35 countries, helping establish many non-profits. He serves as board president of Cheetah Conservation Fund and of Friends of Peace Parks, and as a board member of World Wilderness Trust (India), Conservation & Preservation Charities of America, Fulcrum Publishing, and others and chairs IUCN's Wilderness Task Force. He has edited and authored many books and articles. A native of the U.S. Piedmont region, he graduated magna cum laude from West Virginia University." 
"After helping establish CCF as an independent non-profit organization in 2001, he was it's first President, and now continues on its board of directors. He has lived and worked in many countries during his career, and has a special working focus on Southern Africa and South Asia. Prior to helping Laurie Marker establish the CCF offices in the US, he lived abroad for 13 years, 10 of them at the Findhorn Foundation (Scotland), as a senior manager and coordinator of environmental programs. " 
- Trustee, Wilderness Foundation
- Former Trustee, Wilderness Foundation (South Africa) 
- Director, International Conservation Caucus Foundation 
- Advisor, Wilderness Conservancy 
- Co-Chair, Wilderness Specialist Group 
- National Advisory Board, Listening Point Foundation 
- Advisor, The Bateleurs 
- Supporter, Centre for Change 
- Steering Committee, Nature Needs Half 
- Ambassador, Rewilding Europe 
- "Biography", Accessed January 2007.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Cheetah Conservation Fund Vance G. Martin, organizational web page, accessed February 10, 2012.
- Trustees, Wilderness Foundation (South Africa), accessed June 16, 2010.
- Directors, International Conservation Caucus Foundation, accessed May 9, 2010.
- Advisors, Wilderness Conservancy, accessed June 15, 2010.
- Wilderness Specialist Group, WILD Foundation, accessed June 16, 2010.
- About, Listening Point Foundation, accessed December 11, 2011.
- Advisors, The Bateleurs, accessed December 15, 2011.
- Centre for Change Supporters, organizational web page, accessed February 6, 2012.
- Nature Needs Half Steering Committee, organizational web page, accessed October 5, 2019.
- Rewilding Europe Rewilding Europe Circle, organizational web page, accessed November 3, 2019.