Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "Vernon Gracen is Adjunct Professor at the Cornell University. His major responsibility is teaching the introductory Plant Breeding course, entitled: Genetic Improvement of Crop Plants. In addition, he has responsibility for developing the curriculum for Cornell's Transnational Learning Program for the Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics. He currently spends over 6 months per year in Africa where he serves as an Associate Director of the West Africa Center for Crop Improvement located at the University of Ghana in Legon. He is also involved in supporting thesis proposal reviews for students at the Africa Center for Crop Improvement located at the University of Kwa-Zulu Natal in South Africa. Vernon has been supporting the initial phase of [The Global Partnership Initiative for Plant Breeding Capacity Building (GIPB)] by revising and updating criteria to select plant breeding universities around the world, by revising and developing pre-breeding projects to be evaluated as candidates for support with GIPB funds, and by revising technical papers on plant breeding awareness."
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Global Partnership Initiative for Plant Breeding Capacity Building
- U.N. Food and Agriculture Organization
- FAO Plant Production and Protection Division
- Team and Contributors, Accessed October 28, 2011.