Wansheng power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Wansheng power station (国电重庆恒泰发电公司万盛电厂) is a 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Chongqing DC Municipality, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, near Guanba, Qijiang District, Chongqing Municipality.
Background on Plant
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: China Guodian Corp
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Guanba, Qijiang District, Chongqing Municipality, China
- Coordinates: 28.8401213, 106.7756851 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 600 MW (Units 1 & 2: 300 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2006-07
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电重庆恒泰发电有限公司"China Guodian Corp, 09/12/30
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017