Water Wars: External Links 2001
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are articles and commentary for the year 2001 related to the main article water wars.
- "Environnement: Vivendi Water wins Prague water privatization," Vivendi Universal, January 30, 2001.
- "Chinese Cities Fighting Water Shortage," People's Daily, April 15, 2001.
- Boudewijn Wegerif, "Water--A Trillion Dollar A Year Privatization Grab," Ratical.org, April 19, 2001.
- "Water Woes. Where's the water?" whyfiles.org, April 26, 2001.
- Rushdi Said, "Cold water wars. Will plans to redistribute Nile waters spell an end to agriculture as Egypt knows it?" Al-Ahram Weekly, April 26-May 2, 2001.
- "Pakistan: Water-Shortage Protests Turn Deadly," Environment, Development, and Conflict News (Global Policy), May 3, 2001.
- Maude Barlow, "Water as Commodity - The Wrong Prescription," Food First, Summer 2001.
- Vandana Shiva, "World Bank, WTO, and corporate control over water," International Socialist Review (ThirdWorldTraveler), August/September 2001.
- Caroline Hawley, "Dead Sea 'to disappear by 2050'," BBC, August 3, 2001.
- Maggie Farley, "Going Backwards. Report Predicts Thirstier World. One in three people won't have access to sufficient water by 2025, forum sponsored by the U.N. concludes. Clashes loom, it says," Los Angeles Times (Common Dreams), August 14, 2001.
- "China Strives to Tackle Water Shortage, Pollution," People's Daily, August 14, 2001.
- Sara Grusky, "Privatization Tidal Wave. IMF/WorId Bank Water Policies and the Price Paid by the Poor," Multinational Monitor, September 2001.
- "Tamil Nadu pleads for water," BBC, September 11, 2001.
- Alexander J. Loftus and David A. McDonald, "Of liquid dreams: a political ecology of water privatization in Buenos Aires," Environment & Urbanization, October 2001.