Water Wars: External Links 2004
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are articles and commentary for the year 2004 related to the main article Water wars.
- Maude Barlow and Tony Clarke, "Water Privatization: The World Bank's Latest Market Fantasy," Polaris Institute (Global Policy), January 2004.
- Cam McGrath & Sonny Inbaraj, "Water wars loom along Nile," News24.com (Africa), January 16, 2004.
- "Jordan joins Syria in dam project," BBC, February 9, 2004.
- "Beijing, hosting 2008 Olympiad, to face water shortage: minister," TerraDaily, February 22, 2004.
- Sebastian Hacher, "Argentina Water Privatization Scheme Runs Dry," CorpWatch, February 26, 2004.
- Wu Gang, "Nation tries to counter water shortage," China Daily, March 26, 2004.
- Gillian Wee, "The next wave in bottled-water wars: 'enhanced' H20," Columbia News Service, April 5, 2004.
- Dale Gavlak, "Jordan appeals to save Dead Sea," BBC, June 2, 2004.
- "Eritrea suffering profound water shortage, UN says," UN News Service, June 9, 2004.
- Alan Snitow and Deborah Kaufman, Transcript: "P.O.V. Thirst," PBS Program posted by Washington Post, July 14, 2004: "Global corporations are rapidly buying up local water supplies and third world communities face losing control of one of their most precious resources. The P.O.V. documentary 'Thirst' reveals how water is becoming the catalyst for community resistance to globalization. The film looks at the conflict between public stewardship and private profit, where activists claim that water is a human right and corporations declare it a commodity."
- Sarah Garland, "Resisting Water Privatization in Bogotá," Columbia Journal, July 19, 2004.
- Jim Jubak, "Wring profits from the coming water shortage," MSN Money Central, July 23, 2004.
- Patrick McLoughlin, "Scientists Say Risk of Water Wars Rising," Reuters (Planet Ark), August 23, 2004.
- "Sandia experiments may reduce possibility of future water wars," Department of Energy/Sandia National Laboratories, September 9, 2004.
- Michael Kane, "Beyond Peak Oil. Water Privatization. Water Wars. Water & Oil Don't Mix. Vapor Wars? All Bottled Up," From the Wilderness, September 17, 2004.
- "Water for People, Not Profit!" A project of the Texas Globalization Education Fund, Texas Fair Trade Coalition; Last Updated November 15, 2004. Section on free trade agreements and water privatization.
- Mohammed Mesbahi, "Water Wars," Share the World's Resources, November 25, 2004.
- Carmelo Ruiz Marrero, "Free Trade and Water Privatization: The Wet Side of the FTAA," Americas Program, Interhemispheric Resource Center (IRC), December 2, 2004.
- Jim Shultz, "Another Water Revolt Begins in Bolivia," Pacific News Service, December 17, 2004.
- Jim Shultz, "The Second Water War in Bolivia," The Democracy Center Online (ZMag.org), December 19, 2004.
- Tony Clarke and Maude Barlow, "The Battle for Water," Yes Magazine, Winter 2004.
- Arnie Alpert, "Who Owns the Water?," American Friends Service Committee, 2004.