"WaterAid's history stretches back to 1981 when on 21 July it was officially established as a charitable trust...
"1981 saw the Thirsty Third World Conference in the UK which was organised by the Government's National Water Council to see how the whole of the UK water industry should respond to the UN 1981-1991 Decade of Drinking Water and Sanitation. £25,000 was raised through water industry employees that year and David Collett, former director of Voluntary Service Overseas, was appointed WaterAid's first director...
"In 1991 HRH Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, became WaterAid's first president and was taken to see WaterAid projects in Nepal. He continues to offer his support in this role to this day...
"In the UK the organisational base was growing and in 1999 Jon Lane retired as director, later to receive an OBE for his work with WaterAid. Jon was succeeded by Ravi Narayanan from Action Aid...
"As well as charitable donations from public appeals WaterAid has benefited increasingly from larger sponsorship and grants from both the public and private sectors. The UK Department for Overseas Development (DFID) awarded WaterAid a £15.5 million grant in 2003 to expand its programme reaching vulnerable communities in Bangladesh...
"Further changes were afoot in 2006. Ravi Narayanan retired after six years at WaterAid to be succeeded by Barbara Frost, formerly Chief Executive of Action on Disability and Development (ADD)." 
- 2007-present: Jeremy Pelczer
- 2001-07: Vic Cocker CBE, FCIWEM
- 1995-01: John Isherwood CMG
- 1991-95: Nicholas Hood CBE
- 1988-91: Sir Michael Straker
- 1984-88: Sir Roy Watts
- 1982 - 1984: Lord Sandford DSC
- 1981 - 1982: Sir Robert Marshall
Accessed October 2009: 
- President - HRH The Prince of Wales
- Baroness Chalker of Wallasey
- Rev Lord Sandford of Banbury DSC
- Maurice Lowther BSc, FICE, FCIWEM, CBIM
Board of Trustees
- Hugh Belshaw OBE - Honorary Treasurer (appointed AGM 4 October 2007)
- Alexander Cairncross
- Gordon Channon (resigned July 2008)
- Vic Cocker CBE (retired AGM 4 October 2007)
- Gregory Hodkinson - Chair of WaterAid America (co-opted February 2008)
- Agnes Kalibbala (appointed AGM 4 October 2007)
- Tony Kelly - Chair of WaterAid Australia
- Dinah Moore
- Karen Morgan OBE (retired AGM 4 October 2007)
- Helen Pankhurst (appointed AGM 4 October 2007)
- Jeremy Pelczer Chair (appointed AGM 4 October 2007)
- Nigel Reader CBE - Chair of the Audit Committee
- Pramilla Senanayake
- Pamela Taylor OBE Vice-Chair
- Kevin Whiteman
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Global Water Challenge
- John Richard Sandbrook
- Diana Mitlin
- Sandeep Katwala
- Ned Breslin
- Renu Mehta
- Paul Hetherington
- Simon Trace
- Stephen Turner
- Judith McNeill - former head of fundraising
- Belu Water
- Andrew Lawrence - former finance director
- Paul Batchelor
- Neeraj Jain - India
- ↑ history, WaterAid, accessed October 5, 2009.
- ↑ 2008 annual report, WaterAid, accessed October 5, 2009.