This stub is a work-in-progress by the ScienceCorruption.com journalists's group. We are indexing the millions of documents stored at the San Francisco Uni's Legacy Tobacco Archive  With some entries you'll need to go to this site and type into the Search panel a (multi-digit) Bates number. You can search on names for other documents also. Send any corrections or additions to email@example.com
The Weiss/Watson partnership of Philip Weiss and David Watson was highly prized within Philip Morris for its marketing acumen and perhaps their technical skills (photos/art direction, etc). There are 792 reference documents in the tobacco archives. They appear to have been lent to the Tobacco Institute in 1979 for some underhand project.
Documents & Timeline
1979 Jan 30 Tobacco law firm, Jacob & Medinger (J&M) presents a supplementary bill for the consultant's services. They have added a few new names and entries for ICOSI/SAWP operations:
- Dr Peter Berger -- $750
- Edward Harris -- $766 (additional payment)
- Prof Robert Tollison -- $1200 (additional payment by SA1 Ck)
- Prof Robert McCormick -- $1125 (by SAI Ck)
- Institute for Policy and Management Research $16,000
Also another account:
- Prof Robert Tollison -- $957 paid through SA1 (April)
- Richard E Wagner -- $1740 paid through SA1 (April)
- Edward Harris -- $2,134 paid through SA1 (June)
- Peter Berger -- $1500 paid through SA1 (June)
- [Note: SA1 refers to the secret set of accounts that the tobacco industry ran through the J&M lawyers to hide payments from discovery. SA1 = Special Account #1. The numbers corresponded to their current list of Special Projects. These projects and accounts were kept hidden from the Scientific Advisory Boards and from everyone else not in the core group of tobacco conspirators. The lawyers had their own Special Project accounts, and Philip Morris also used the system internally.]
Also awaiting approval was an account for
- SJ Feinhandler -- $15,642
- Weiss/Watson -- $8168 - market promoters Philip Weiss and David Watson 
- Inst for Policy and Management Research -- $20,283 (Aaron Wildavsky)
- [Note: Weiss/Watson refers a partnership of marketing experts Philip Weiss, and David Watson. They were receiving about a quarter of a million dollars a year from Philip Morris at this time + this payment from the Tobacco Institute.]
Estimates for month of June were
- SJ Feinhandler -- $16,000
- Robert Tollison -- $ 250
- Richard E Wagner -- $ 250
- Aaron Wildavsky's Institute for Policy and Management Research -- $16,000 (a private company)  
- [Note: At about this time $15,000 would buy you a modest house in most cities]
1990 Jun 25 They are dealing with Ms Gale Hahn, the Art Dirrector at Weiss/Watson. 
1991 Apr 25 Weiss/Watson sign a new contract every year with Philip Morris (which is quite separate from the Tobacco Institute payments). For this year
Marlboro Medium brand promotion.
Payments: $60,000: $30,000 will be paid upon complete execution of the Agreement and submission of an invoice; balance of $30,000 will be paid within 30 days of
submission of an invoice and complete performance to the reasonable satisfaction of PM.
Expenses: PM will reimburse Weiss/Watson for expenses incurred in accordance with the Operating Budget delivered by Watson, approved by PM, and attached as Exhibit A to the Agreement. Upon complete execution of the Agreement, PM will pay Weiss/Watson the sum of $168,350 for fixed expenses included in the operating budget. PM will pay Watson $168,350 for the remainder of the fixed expenses included in the operating budget within 30 days of Watson's complete performance to the reasonable satisfaction of PM.